When drinking alcohol at a corporate party, business dinner, your own wedding, or other important events, you need to maintain a sobriety of mind and self-control. For an inexperienced person, this is a difficult task that requires preliminary preparation. Thanks to this material, you will learn how to drink and not get drunk during a stormy feast. All active methods are collected here.
First, let’s figure out why a person gets drunk. The fusel oils contained in alcoholic beverages are to blame. They are the ones that negatively affect the work of the cerebral cortex. The consequences are manifested individually: in some people, the functions of the occipital part of the brain and the vestibular apparatus are disrupted, as a result of which balance and / or the gift of speech are lost. For others, the “moral center” that controls behavior is turned off. In rare cases, memory temporarily disappears.
The situation when the next morning after a large dose of alcohol drunk a person does not remember anything is not as common as it is commonly believed. Most of the “victims” only feign amnesia. They are simply ashamed of their behavior and they want to find an excuse for rash actions.
It is interesting that men and women get drunk in different ways, the peculiarities of the work of the brain affect. In men, psychoemotional disorders first appear (slurred speech, mood swings), and only then motor skills fail (coordination of movements is impaired), in women – vice versa. This means that with the same degree of intoxication, most men find it difficult to talk and control their behavior, but they can move and even operate complex mechanisms (including a car), while women usually first of all “give up their legs” and only when heavy drunkenness is speechless.
Preparing for a feast
1. “Vaccination”. 4-5 hours before the event, drink 50-100 ml of vodka or an equivalent amount of other alcohol. The body will begin to produce alcohol dehydrogenases – enzymes responsible for the processing of alcohol in the body. As a result, the main dose of alcohol will be split immediately upon entering the bloodstream, and not with some delay, which is required to activate the liver. If you know your measure in the amount of drunk, “vaccination” is the most effective way to combat intoxication. The disadvantage is that even after a small dose of alcohol, fumes appear.
2. Fatty foods. Eat a sandwich with butter, lard, caviar or sturgeon 1-2 hours before the party. You can also drink 10-20 ml of olive oil (if you can).
Attention! Fatty foods do not block the absorption of alcohol, but only slows down its effect by 40-45 minutes. This means that a person will start to get drunk about an hour after taking alcohol, but the intoxication itself will be quick and strong. It is best to use this method only if the event is short and you can get home in time.
3. Medicines. 2-3 hours before drinking alcohol, drink 4-5 tablets of activated carbon, and immediately before the feast, another 1-2 tablets, crushed into powder. Make sure that the charcoal does not remain on the teeth; after the tablets, it is advisable to rinse your mouth or brush your teeth. Activated carbon absorbs some of the alcohol and fusel oils, as a result of which a person gets drunk less.
Another 40 minutes before the feast, you can take one tablet of a digestive enzyme, for example, “Festal” or “Mezim”, as well as a hepatoprotector based on plant components (“Carsil”, “Essentiale”, etc.). These medications will keep your stomach and liver working properly when you’re overworked.
4. Do not drink on an empty stomach. In no case should you drink alcohol on an empty stomach, otherwise all other methods will not give the desired effect.
How to get drunk less directly during a feast
1. Drink only high quality alcoholic beverages. The better the alcohol, the less harmful substances it contains, causing intoxication and decreased self-control. People get drunk from bad moonshine many times faster than from high-quality vodka, brandy or wine.
2. Do not mix drinks. The body’s reaction to mixing different alcoholic beverages is unpredictable and manifests itself individually. For example, some people are categorically forbidden to combine red wine and vodka, others – to drink beer and cognac together. Almost everyone gets drunk from champagne with any strong drinks, since carbon dioxide contributes to the rapid absorption of alcohol into the blood.
When mixing alcohol (if this cannot be avoided), I advise you to remember about the “slide” rule – the degree of the drink should increase. For example, you can drink vodka after beer, but not vice versa. Although this rule hasn’t been scientifically proven, it works in most cases.
3. Give preference to hot snacks. Alcohol should be eaten with plenty of hot food. Meat dishes, fish, boiled potatoes with butter or lard, as well as parsley and lemon significantly reduce the degree of intoxication. At the same time, it is important not to overeat, so as not to create additional stress on the digestive system. It is better to refuse exotic dishes that have not been tried before. Their combination with alcohol is fraught with unexpected consequences.
4. Do not keep alcohol in your mouth. Alcohol is absorbed into the bloodstream not only through the walls of the stomach, but also through the blood vessels in the mouth. In the second case, intoxication occurs almost instantly, since ethyl alcohol goes directly to the brain, bypassing the stomach and liver. Empty your glass in one quick sip. Also beware of cocktails that are sipped through a straw.
5. Drink alcohol with non-carbonated drinks. Carbon dioxide contributes to rapid intoxication, so alcohol and soda are incompatible. Alcohol can be washed down with juices, fruit drinks and compotes.
6. Move more. To monitor your condition, periodically leave the table (if possible) and go out to breathe in the fresh air.
You cannot change the temperature regime drastically. For example, going outside from a warm room in winter. This will cause an intense heartbeat, resulting in drunkenness faster.
7. Give up cigarettes. To a greater extent, this advice applies to people who smoke irregularly. Literally, they can be knocked off their feet by just one smoked cigarette.
8. Replace alcoholic drinks with non-alcoholic ones. It is not necessary to immediately drink the entire contents of the glass or shot glass. If you feel that you are getting drunk, try to subtly replace the alcohol with something non-alcoholic of the same color. For example, wine for cherry juice, vodka for non-carbonated mineral water. Also, alcoholic beverages can be discreetly diluted with juice or water without gas in the glass itself.
9. Induce vomiting. This is a radical, but at the same time, the most effective method for removing alcohol from the body. With strong intoxication, vomiting is a justified remedy, since it will only get worse from now on. The procedure can be repeated every hour.
Leave a Reply