There are more than twenty thousand cognac houses, but only a few of them are estimated at hundreds of thousands of dollars. I suggest you look at the most expensive cognacs in the world and find out their prices. I will give a short description of these legendary drinks. Hardly any of us will be lucky enough to try them.
1. Henri IV, Cognac Grande Champagne – the cost of one bottle is 1 million 875 thousand US dollars. The recipe for this cognac was invented in 1776. It is prepared only by direct descendants of the French king Henry IV. Each batch is kept in barrels for at least 100 years. The bottle is crafted from 24-karat gold and adorned with 6500 precious stones. This is the most expensive cognac in the world. There are not many moneybags who are ready to shell out almost $ 2 million for one bottle.
2. Hennessy Beaute du Siecle Cognac – the price of one bottle is $ 187,500. This cognac is made from the best Hennessy spirits aged from 47 to 100 years. The drink comes with a bronze tray.
3. Remy Martin Cognac Black Pearl Louis XIII – $ 51,560 per bottle. The peculiarity of this cognac is that it is a mixture of 1200 cognac spirits aged from 40 to 100 years. It features a pronounced aroma of ginger, cinnamon, fruit and Cuban cigars.
4. Hardy Perfection 140 years – $ 12,100. This is the oldest cognac in the world. There are documents confirming that he is over 140 years old. But stocks are limited, so it is considered a great success to buy this cognac. People who have tried it claim that it has notes of chocolate and coffee in the taste.
5. Johnnie Walker: Le Voyage de Delamain , at $ 7,400, is fifth on our list. It is a mixture of Delamain and Le Voyage cognac brands. The drink is poured into special decanters of 500 ml. Experts say that this cognac has a very complex taste, combining aromas of leather, tobacco and oriental spices.
6. Martell Creation Cognac In Handcarved Baccarat Decanter costs 7 thousand dollars, made according to a recipe discovered in the early 19th century. This cognac has a mild taste of dried fruits, walnuts and cedar.
7. Frapin Cuvée 1888 – you have to pay 6 thousand US dollars for a bottle. It is poured into special crystal decanters made in the English style. Interestingly, the cork to the decanter is made of 24-carat gold, and the cognac itself smells of honey, spices and vanilla.
8. Hine Triomphe Talent De Thomas Hine Crystal Decanter retails for $ 5625. This cognac is bottled in decanters. And to preserve the floral aroma, each decanter is placed in a cigar humidor made of Honduran mahogany. The manufacturer has a very careful attitude to the drink.
9. Jenssen Arcana – Price $ 5150. This cognac is aged in oak barrels for at least 98 years. It has a complex, rich taste. Each bottle is carefully sealed and supplied with a special quality certificate.
10. Courvoisier L’Esprit Decanter, worth $ 4687, closes the top ten most expensive cognacs in the world. It is made by blending different cognac spirits, the oldest of which have been aged since the time of Napoleon I. In this cognac, experts note the aroma of dried apricots and flowers, as well as a long aftertaste.
Leave a Reply