After a stormy feast, a heavy gloomy morning comes. The head hurts, the stomach refuses to work, there is a dry mouth and complete powerlessness. The day after drinking, these symptoms indicate a severe hangover (alcohol intoxication). I advise those who suffer from a hangover to learn how to get rid of a hangover at home. But there are no quick remedies, for a full recovery it takes at least 12-14 hours.
First, let’s find out what NOT to do with a hangover:
1. Drink alcoholic beverages. We like to knock out a wedge with a wedge. If alcohol is the cause of the terrible condition, then another portion is needed. Indeed, after a bottle of beer or 100 g of vodka it becomes easier, but you risk closing the circle. The treatment of a hangover with alcoholic drinks gradually turns into a new feast, and the next day the head hurts again. This is how the binge begins with all the ensuing consequences.
2. Take a bath or go to the bathhouse. Alcohol intoxication makes the heart work with increased stress. High temperature creates additional problems for the cardiovascular system.
3. Drink coffee and hot tea. Coffee increases heart rate and dry mouth. In turn, tea causes fermentation in the stomach, increasing intoxication. If you have a hangover, it is better to refuse these drinks.
How CAN a hangover be treated:
1. Sleep well. Sleep is the best hangover cure. You need to sleep until the feeling of sleepiness leaves you. Only in a dream does the body actively fight alcohol intoxication.
2. Drink plenty of mineral water, compotes and natural juices. These drinks prevent dehydration and restore the vitamin and mineral balance of the body. A cucumber pickle rich in minerals and salts is also suitable.
3. Take a light shower. Summer-temperature water washes away toxins from the skin, which are released along with sweat drops. The skin becomes clearer and better absorbs oxygen, allowing the person to recover from the hangover faster.
4. Drink a few tablets of activated charcoal. With a hangover, activated charcoal should always be drunk. It neutralizes the effects of toxic substances, preventing further poisoning of the body.
5. Take an aspirin tablet. It is recommended if the head hurts from a hangover and there are no stomach problems.
6. Eat borsch, soup or scrambled eggs. Soups and borscht are rich in vitamins, and scrambled eggs are rich in protein and amino acids. All these substances are necessary for the normal functioning of the liver – the natural filter of our body.
7. Get some fresh air. At least open the window. Better yet, go for a walk in the park. Ventilation of the lungs helps to improve metabolic processes and removes the unpleasant smell of alcohol from the mouth. But if you want to sleep, then it’s better to stay at home.
All of these methods only stimulate the normal functioning of the body, but none of them will help you quickly get out of a hangover, as it takes time. At your own peril and risk, you can use the widely advertised medical products, the manufacturers of which assure of their lightning-fast effect. But the safety of these pills is questioned by many experts.
Attention! Self-medication can be dangerous, consult your doctor.