Real cognac is made from grape alcohol, but this has never stopped the moonshiners. Experienced distillers know how to make cognac from moonshine with minimal costs, which will resemble the real one. We will look at two of the best recipes that have received popular acclaim.
A warning! After preparation, you get a drink that only vaguely resembles cognac in color and smell. We will not use grape alcohol, adhere to the classic technology with two fractional distillations and keep the distillate for at least 3 years in oak barrels. This recipe has nothing to do with real grape brandy.
- moonshine (vodka) – 3 liters;
- walnut partitions – 1 handful;
- black tea – 1 tablespoon;
- carnation – 6-7 buds;
- caraway seeds – 1 tablespoon;
- vanilla sugar – 1 tablespoon;
- citric acid – 2-3 grams.
Moonshine cognac recipe
1. Purify moonshine for cognac by any available method, for example, coal or make a double distillation, after diluting the distillate to a strength of 18-20 degrees. The main thing is to get a high-quality alcoholic base without a pungent smell.
2. Add to the jar a handful of well-dried inner partitions of walnuts, black tea and clove buds.
3. Add caraway seeds and vanilla sugar.
4. Add citric acid last on the tip of the knife. Mix.
5. Close the jar tightly with a nylon lid and infuse the cognac drink for 3-4 days at room temperature in a dark place (you can cover it).
It is pointless to keep homemade cognac for more than 7 days, as it does not improve the taste.
6. At the last stage, filter the resulting drink through a clean cotton cloth or cotton-gauze filter. Pour into bottles for storage and seal. Shelf life away from direct sunlight – up to 3 years. Fortress 36-38%.
There is an alternative recipe for homemade cognac from moonshine (video). The cooking technology is no different from the first method, but different ingredients are used. Imitation of color, aroma and taste is achieved by adding prunes, cloves and allspice to the distillate.